BABYBJÖRN - Baby Carrier ONE AIR, Greige
- Airy and cool mesh that dries rapidly
- Ergonomic and comfortable in soft material
- Fully adjustable size & seat width
- Babywearing for newborns up to 3 years, plus facing-out & back carrying
The new version of Baby Carrier One Air is softer and more flexible. It’s made from a new mesh fabric and has several new features.
Are you worried that babywearing might make you and your baby too hot? Choose Baby Carrier One Air – it’s designed to make babywearing significantly cooler for you and your baby. It’s made almost entirely from an airy mesh and this helps to cool the places most prone to perspiration – the parts of the baby carrier closest to you (the shoulder straps) and your baby (between their legs). The mesh fabric is softer and more lightweight than many other materials, so it’s easy for you to see and feel that you’re carrying your baby in a natural position, with their back in a C curve.
Soft and comfy babywearing for newborns
This mesh baby carrier offers the same babywearing benefits as Baby Carrier One in cotton and gives you the important closeness with your baby. The mesh has been specially developed to be extra soft for young babies yet strong enough for daily use. It’s easy and safe for you to switch between several front and back babywearing options. The size, seat area and head support are fully adjustable, which means the baby carrier can be adapted as newborns grow and their needs change, as well as to fit different babywearers.
Baby Carrier One Air has a sturdy waist belt and padded shoulder straps that relieve pressure on your back and shoulders and make it comfortable for you to carry your child as a newborn and up to the age of three. You carry your baby safely and comfortably – while you keep your hands free!
Features and benefits
- 4front and back carrying positions - Choose whether you want to carry your child facing in (two height positions), facing out or on your back.
- Ergonomic leg position - The wide, fully adjustable seat area ensures a comfortable and ergonomically correct position for your child’s hips.
- Padded shoulder straps for superior carrying comfort - Luxuriously thick padding in the shoulder straps gives you superior carrying comfort.
- Pressure-relieving waist belt - The wide, sturdy waist belt gives you excellent pressure relief and good carrying ergonomics.
- Built-in infant insert - Baby Carrier One Air has two height positions. Use the upper height position for newborns (at least 8 lbs/3.5 kg) so your baby is carried in the correct position close to your face. Your baby should be close enough for you to kiss the top of their head.
- Adjustable head support - The head support protects newborns and gives the correct support until they are able to hold their head up unaided. For older babies, you can also keep the head support unfolded when your baby is resting or sleeping in the baby carrier. You can easily fold it up or down and adjust the firmness of the support it provides.
- Back carrying for your toddler - As your child grows heavier, back carrying in the baby carrier will be a more comfortable option for you. We recommend that you only start to carry your child on your back after the age of 12 months since you will not have the same degree of supervision.
- Easy and safe back carrying - With your child sitting facing in, you can easily swivel the whole baby carrier from your front to your back. It’s comfortable and you can do it by yourself. The design of the baby carrier ensures that your child sits safely and securely while being moved to your back.
- Hip-friendly baby carrier - The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One Air and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child’s first months.
- Child-friendly materials - All our baby carriers are free from harmful substances and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class I for baby products.
Age. For newborns and up to approx. 3 years. Min. 8 lbs/21 in (3.5kg/53cm). Max. 33 lbs/39 in (15kg/100cm).Please note! When you carry your baby facing out, they should be at least 5 months old and weigh no more than 26 lbs/12 kg. The leg straps should be used to reduce the size of the leg openings for children between 8-10 lbs (3.5-4.5 kg).
Materials. All our materials are kind to your child’s skin and safe to taste. They are free from harmful substances and comply with the requirements of Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class I for baby products. That’s important to us!
Mesh: Main fabric: 100% polyester. Waist belt lining: 100% polyester. Leg position zip guard: 100% cotton. Baby Carrier One Air dries very rapidly thanks to its lightweight and airy mesh fabric.
Washing instructions. Machine wash warm/40°C. Wash separately. Use an eco-friendly, mild and bleach-free detergent. Do not tumble dry. Do not iron.
Tested and safe. Baby Carrier One Air complies with both European EN 13209-2:2015 and American ASTM F223 safety standards.
What makes the new Baby Carrier One Air different from previous versions?
The fabric is more flexible, and lets you both see and feel that you’re carrying your newborn baby in a natural position, with their back in a C curve.
You can now select an even wider maximum seat area for your baby than you could in previous versions. The fully adjustable seat area means that you can adapt the seat width perfectly for your baby.
The head support is higher, so it gives a newborn more protection and neck support and provides better support for an older baby who’s fallen asleep in the baby carrier. You can adjust the firmness of the support it provides.
New, super-soft mesh makes Baby Carrier One Air feel even more comfortable against your baby’s delicate skin. The on-trend hole pattern is different to previous versions of Baby Carrier One Air.
Baby Carrier One Air is now made almost entirely of mesh. This sets us apart from many other manufacturers that only have mesh details. We’ve created a special mesh that’s soft